March 12, 2008

Last Trip

We just took what may be our last trip around Guatemala a couple weeks ago. We were lucky enough to have Corby's brother, Jeremy visit us for 3 weeks. He just returned from a year long tour in Afghanistan and made time to come see us, which was great.

IMG_7368 IMG_7344

We spent some time traveling to new parts of Guatemala that we had not seen before, including Huehuetenango and Xela and up to Mexico for a couple days. We also managed to climb the 3rd highest volcano in Guatemala, Santa Maria.

IMG_7483 100_4544

100_4547

IMG_7487

Things are quickly coming to a close here and the time seems to be slipping away. We've finally made our trip plans home and after a small trip to Mexico City, we will be returning to Minneapolis on April 7th. Everything has slowly been falling into place and the most exciting news from last week was my acceptance to graduate school at the U of M. Starting in the fall, I will be working on my masters in social work. I'm really looking forward to a new challenge and it'll be great to get home.

The mix of emotions has already begun to set in about leaving Guatemala and we're looking forward to spending the next 3 weeks with our Salacuim family.

1 comment:

Colleen said...

Wow! I can't believe how fast that time passed. I hope to be in Minneapolis sometime in May (I have a new neice/nephew on the way) and I would love to catch up with you. Congratulations on getting into grad school and finishing up all of the great work you have done in Guatemala. You have touched so many lives!